- What information latpay collects and how it is collected
- How latpay uses information
- Retaining and deleting personal data
- To whom latpay may disclose information
- How latpay protects information
- How individuals may access personal information to correct or delete it
- Cross Border Transfers of your Information
HOW LATPAY COLLECTS DATA
Latpay may collect data in the following ways:
- By you completing a form on our website
- When you contact us about products and services that we provide and/or problems with such products/services
- Data that you provide latpay employees at trade shows, industry forums or similar types of events
- Access or use of latpay Payment Services
- Contacting latpay support
- By you contracting with latpay
TYPES OF DATA THAT CAN BE STORED
This information may include, for example, your name, business address, business name, email address and phone number or any other information that you choose to provide to us when you contact latpay or in order for latpay to contact you as a potential customer or in response to a support request. This also includes technical data such as IP addresses and transactional data that are commonly generated in establishing a connection with latpay.
Also, any other information that Latpay may collect to process payment requests. The specific types of information we collect may change from time to time based on the nature of the services we provide to you. When you communicate with us for payment related queries or other purposes (e.g., by emails, faxes, phone calls, etc.), we retain such information and our responses to you in the records of your account.
HOW LATPAY USES INFORMATION
We receive, hold and process your data on Azure servers located in West Europe. We only use your personal data for legitimate business reasons. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- Process transactions and provide the latpay Services
- To contact and communicate with you when you request information about latpay Services
- Verify your identity
- Resolve disputes, collect fees and troubleshoot problems
- Provide you with customer support services
In addition, when you use latpay services or process payment transactions with latpay, we use the provided information to verify and append information to prevent and combat fraud to comply with government regulations and card association rules. We continue to use information you provide internally for record keeping, internal reporting, support purposes and to compile and disclose information in the aggregate where individual or user information is not identifiable.
RETAINING PERSONAL DATA
Our data retention policies and procedures are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of your personal data. Personal data that we process for any purpose shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose. Notwithstanding this, we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject or to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
We respect your rights as a customer to determine how your personal information is used.
If you have any queries regarding your rights, please contact us using our contact details at the end of this Privacy statement.
These rights include:
Right to access information
You have no direct access to the data stored in our server, but you have the right to ask us for an overview of your personal data that we process.
Right to rectification
If your personal data is incorrect or you become aware of any inaccuracies in the personal or company information you have provided, you must notify us and correct them as soon as possible, since you have the right to ask us to rectify it. If we shared data about you to a third party, we will notify that party.
Right to object to processing
You can object to latpay using your personal data for its own legitimate interests. We will consider your objection and whether processing your information has any undue impact on you that requires us to stop doing so.
Right to restrict processing
You can request us to restrict using your personal data if you believe the information is inaccurate, we are processing the data unlawfully and no longer need the data, but you want us to keep it for use in a legal claim. If your personal data is shared with a third party, we will notify that party.
Right to erasure
You can request us to erase the data that we hold about you, if we process your data unlawfully.
TO WHOM LATPAY MAY DISCLOSE INFORMATION
Latpay may disclose your information under the following circumstances:
- To latpay employees, contractors and agents to assist with any latpay products and services provided to you or by us now or in the future
- To payment processors and banks in connection with processing your payments
- To help latpay with fraud prevention and anti-money laundering we may disclose information about you to fraud prevention agencies, security agencies, emergency services, crime prevention agencies and telecommunications companies
- We may be required to disclose personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet European or national security or law enforcement requirements
HOW LATPAY PROTECTS INFORMATION
Latpay provides technical and organizational safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. We use safeguards such as security policies and data encryption. Any information you make available to latpay while using the latpay services is encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This helps protect information from being intercepted and misused by third parties when it is traveling over the Internet. When latpay receives your information, it is stored on a secure server and is only accessed by authorized personnel. Please be aware that although latpay takes steps to create a secure environment for personal information, latpay cannot guarantee the security of any personal information transmitted online. latpay will make reasonable attempts to notify you if there is a security breach involving your information which results in a risk of identity theft or as otherwise required by law.
CROSS BORDER TRANSFERS OF YOUR INFORMATION
Latpay is committed to adequately protecting your information regardless of where the data resides and to providing appropriate protection for your information where such data is transferred outside of the country.
This could be to other latpay offices, companies within the latpay group or to third party service providers working on our behalf. Where any such processing takes place, appropriate controls, such as the adoption of data processing agreements containing the appropriate standards, are in place to ensure that your personal data is protected to the same standard as if it were in other country.
We do not market to or knowingly solicit data from children under the age of 18. A customer must be at least 18 years old to use the latpay services. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. We will delete the information from our files within a reasonable time.